The annual Joy of the Lens juried exhibit, inaugurated in 2009, features original photographs by year-round Maine residents, both amateur and professional. The three entry categories are: Color, Black & White, and a special “Challenge” posed by the prevous year’s winner of the Peoples’ Choice Award. This signature event is co-sponsored by the Trustees and the Friends of the Topsham Public Library.
NINTH ANNUAL JOY OF THE LENS – APRIL 3, 2018 to MAY 5, 2018
*** Registration is now closed ***
Exhibit Guidelines: Joy of the Lens 2018-Guidelines-FINAL (Rev #1)
All are welcome at the Photographers’ Reception on Saturday, April 7, 2018 from 1-3 PM where award winners in all three categories will be announced. Join us for refreshments, community, conversation, and, of course, inspiring photography! You can cast your ballot then for the People’s Choice Award or on another visit to the exhibit.
Don’t miss the Photographers Talk on Saturday, May 5, 2018 at 11:00 AM when you will hear from each of the winning photographers and learn the winner of the People’s Choice Award. You can vote for your favorite photograph for the People’s Choice Award until noon on May 2nd.
Friends Photo Lottery: Become a member of the Friends by Saturday, May 5, 2018 at the Photographers Talk and you will be entered into our lottery to win “Rivers Meet,” a very special photograph donated by Peter A. McCarthy. Already a member? Then you are automatically entered into the drawing. You do not need to be present to win.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2017 WINNERS:
- Richard Tarr for “Supper Can Wait” – COLOR
- Linda Cullivan for “Dreams of Sailing Ships” – BLACK & WHITE
- Mike Cullivan for “Sandhill Takeoff Reflection” – NANCY’S CHALLENGE: “REFLECTIONS”
- Linda Cullivan for “Nesting Materials” – PEOPLES’ CHOICE AWARD
- Linda Cullivan for “Nesting Materials” – COLOR
- Craig Snapp for “Toy Town Meeting” – COLOR
- Robert Delaney for “Bubble Girl, First Friday Art Walk” – BLACK & WHITE
- Tim Loose for “Budd Creek, Yosemite National Park” – BLACK & WHITE
- Karen Congleton for “Tristen and a Puddle” – “REFLECTIONS”
- Peter McCarthy for “Rivers Meet” – “REFLECTIONS”
- Denley Poor-Reynolds for “Sparticus” – “REFLECTIONS”