The annual Joy of the Lens juried exhibit, inaugurated in 2009, features original photographs by year-round Maine residents, both amateur and professional. The three entry categories are: Color, Black & White, and a special “Challenge” posed by the previous year’s winner of the Peoples’ Choice Award. This signature event is co-sponsored by the Trustees and the Friends of the Topsham Public Library.
Joy of the Lens 2019: April 2 to May 4
Registration will open Saturday, February 23, 2019.
For more information, please check back in 2019.
NINTH ANNUAL JOY OF THE LENS – APRIL 3, 2018 to MAY 5, 2018
Award winners in three categories were announced at the Photographers’ Reception on April 7, 2018. Guests enjoyed refreshments, community, conversation, and of course, inspiring photographs!
At the Photographers Talk on May 5, 2018, we heard from the award-winning photographers, including the winner of the People’s Choice Award. We also drew the name of the lucky member of the Friends who won Peter A. McCarthy’s photograph, “Rivers Meet,” the Friends Photo Lottery prize.
Guidelines and registration for Joy of the Lens 2019 will be available at the close of Joy of Art 2019 in February. In the meantime, here are the guidelines for the 2018 exhibit: Joy of the Lens 2018-Guidelines-FINAL (Rev #1)
Congratulations to the 2018 Joy of the Lens Award Winners!
- PEOPLES’ CHOICE AWARD: Mike Cullivan for “Winter Fox” (COLOR)
- COLOR: Linda Cullivan for “Unheard Melody”
- BLACK & WHITE: Richard Tarr for “The Watchman”
- LINDA’S CHALLENGE – “SHADOWS” : Nancy Greindl for “Daydreamer”
- COLOR: Bill Boyd for “Saltwater Farm”
- COLOR: Mike Cullivan for “Winter Fox”
- BLACK & WHITE: Tim Loose for “The Grotto, Roaring Fork River, Colorado”
- BLACK & WHITE: Tim Loose for “Oak and Redwoods, Big Sur, Califoria”
- LINDA’S CHALLENGE – “SHADOWS” : Linda Cullivan for “Pier Shadows”
- LINDA’S CHALLENGE – “SHADOWS” : Peter A. McCarthy for “The Meeting House”
The theme of “SHADOWS” was selected by the 2017 Peoples’ Choice Award winner, Linda Cullivan.