JOY OF ART
The annual Joy of Art juried exhibit, inaugurated in 2008, features both two-dimensional and three-dimensional work by Maine artists. It is co-sponsored by the Friends of the Topsham Public Library and the Library’s Board of Trustees.
TENTH ANNUAL JOY OF ART – January 23 to February 24, 2018
Registration is now open for Joy of Art 2018!
- You can register online: Joy of Art 2018 Online Registration Form
- You can print out a registration form and return the completed form to the library: Joy of Art 2018-Registration-FINAL (REV #3)
Due to extreme weather conditions this year, the registration deadline has been extended to Saturday, January 13th at 4:00 PM.
Printable guidelines with key dates for Joy of Art 2018 can be found here: Joy of Art 2018-Guidelines-FINAL (REV #3)
All are welcome at the Artists’ Reception on Saturday, January 27, 2018 from 1-3pm where award winners in a range of media will be announced. Join us for refreshments, community, conversation, and of course, inspiring artwork! You can vote then for the Peoples’ Choice Award or at any time before February 21.
Don’t miss the Artist Talk when you will hear from each of the winning artists and find out who the People’s Choice winner is: Saturday, February 24, 2018, at 11:00am. You can vote for your favorite artwork until noon on February 21st.
Library Lover’s Lottery: Become a member by Saturday, February 24, 2018 at the Artist Talk and you will be entered into our lottery for a chance to win a very special piece of art! Already a member? Then you are automatically entered into the drawing. You do not need to be present to win.
Congratulations to our 2017 Joy of Art Winners!
- Patricia Norzow for “Piper, Australian Shepard”, oil/acrylic
- Nancy Lovely for “Precious”, pastel
- Donna Coffin for “The Kid”, watercolor
- Natasha Kempers-Cullen for “Dance”, mixed media
- Emily Hollister for “Snowball”, other media
- Howard Soloman for “Drawing Breath”, 3-dimensional
- Gloria Brown
- Ed McCartan
- Bev Walker
- Jan Roberston
- Mary Mendler
- Mary Becker Weiss
- Ann Slocum
- Richard Carney
Artists, here’s what you need to know…
You may enter up to two pieces. The entry fee of $15 per submission is due when the work is delivered.
Oil, Acrylic, Pastel, Watercolor, Mixed Media/Other Media, and 3-Dimensional
Rules of Entry:
- Only year-round residents of Maine, please. Must be 16 years or older.
- No photographs for this exhibit (please see Joy of the Lens page).
- 2-Dimensional artwork:
- Outside measure of frame no larger than 36”x36”.
- No glass on work over 20″x26″. (Plexiglas is acceptable).
- Exhibits must be framed & wired for hanging.
- NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS OR CENTER HOOKS.
- 3-Dimensional artwork:
- Must be freestanding
- No larger than 14″ in diameter and 21″ high
- No heavier than 15 pounds.
- The following information must be attached to the rear of work:
- name, address, phone, title, sale price or “NFS”, medium and category.
For more information, please see Joy of Art 2018-Guidelines-FINAL (REV #3).
For a copy of the required Gallery Waiver, click here: Gallery Policy and Waiver 2015