The annual Joy of Art exhibit, inaugurated in 2008, features two-dimensional and three-dimensional work by current Maine artists, both amateur and professional, aged 16 or older. Awards are made in several categories identified in the published guidelines with an additional Peoples’ Choice Award announced at the close of the exhibit. This signature event is co-sponsored by the Friends of the Topsham Public Library and the Library’s Board of Trustees.
FOURTEENTH ANNUAL JOY OF ART EXHIBIT
Live in the Crooker Gallery, January 15 – February 12, 2022
The 2022 Joy of Art exhibit is being hosted in person in Topsham Public Library’s Crooker Gallery and Highland’s Community Room. There will be no reception or artists’ talk for this year. We hope to host another summer JOY garden event similar to the one in 2021.
* New this year is the option for the public to purchase a color catalog of the exhibit. All funds raised will go to the Friends of TPL and will be used for future Joy of Art expenses. You will find it by clicking the image below.
For friends and family near and far that cannot see the exhibit live, please visit the Crooker Gallery virtual exhibit page to view it online.
Congratulations to the 2022 Joy of Art Winners!
- Painting: Abi by Kevin Mizner
- Drawing: Artichoke by Linda Wolcott
- Printmaking: Maine Deer by Mya Sol
- Mixed Media / Collage: Gratitude by Natasha Kempers-Cullen
- Textile: 100 Years by Rebecca Jauch
- Digital Art: Mi Mundo Entero by Cali Montes
- 3-Dimensional: Smoke & Flames by Douglas Kanes
- Painting: Notes of Neon by Anne Schutz
- Drawing: Rocky Coast Sunrise by Diana Washburn
- Mixed Media / Collage: Crocodile Love by Libby Sipe
- 3-Dimensional: Flattop Gourd by Douglas Kanes
People’s Choice winner
- Diamond in the Calm by Jon Coffin
Registration for the 2022 Joy of Art is now closed.
If you have any questions, please email Monique Marchilli-Barker at email@example.com or call the library at 725-1727.
Library Lover’s Lottery – Drawing to be held on February 12th at the close of the show
Kevin Mizner has graciously donated his painting, “Tide’s Out” (14″x18” oil on canvas), for the Library Lover’s Lottery. All current members are automatically entered into the drawing. Not a member? Join by February 11, 2022, and you will be entered into the drawing.
Thank you, Kevin!
** Sign up to receive email notifications about the JOY exhibits by clicking here. **
Please note that if you have previously “unsubscribed” from the gallery or Friends emails, you must re-subscribe if you wish to receive any JOY updates via email.