The annual Joy of Art exhibit, inaugurated in 2008, features two-dimensional and three-dimensional work by current Maine artists, both amateur and professional, aged 16 or older. Awards are made in several categories identified in the published guidelines with an additional Peoples’ Choice Award announced at the close of the exhibit. This signature event is co-sponsored by the Friends of the Topsham Public Library and the Library’s Board of Trustees.
FIFTEENTH ANNUAL JOY OF ART EXHIBIT
January 14 – February 11, 2023
The 2023 Joy of Art exhibit is being hosted in person in Topsham Public Library’s Crooker Gallery and Highland’s Community Room. Click here to register!
Reception Saturday, January 21, 2023
* Again this year, we have the option for the public to purchase a color catalog of the exhibit. All funds raised will go to the Friends of TPL and will be used for future Joy of Art expenses. You will find it by clicking the image below.
For friends and family near and far that cannot see the exhibit live, please visit the Crooker Gallery virtual exhibit page to view it online.
Congratulations to the 2022 Joy of Art Winners!
- Painting: Abi by Kevin Mizner
- Drawing: Artichoke by Linda Wolcott
- Printmaking: Maine Deer by Mya Sol
- Mixed Media / Collage: Gratitude by Natasha Kempers-Cullen
- Textile: 100 Years by Rebecca Jauch
- Digital Art: Mi Mundo Entero by Cali Montes
- 3-Dimensional: Smoke & Flames by Douglas Kanes
- Painting: Notes of Neon by Anne Schutz
- Drawing: Rocky Coast Sunrise by Diana Washburn
- Mixed Media / Collage: Crocodile Love by Libby Sipe
- 3-Dimensional: Flattop Gourd by Douglas Kanes
People’s Choice winner
- Diamond in the Calm by Jon Coffin
If you have any questions, please email Monique Marchilli-Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the library at 725-1727.
Library Lover’s Lottery – 2023 art coming soon
** Sign up to receive email notifications about the JOY exhibits by clicking here. **
Please note that if you have previously “unsubscribed” from the gallery or Friends emails, you must re-subscribe if you wish to receive any JOY updates via email.