The annual Joy of Art juried exhibit, inaugurated in 2008, features both two-dimensional and three-dimensional work by Maine artists. It is co-sponsored by the Friends of the Topsham Public Library and the Library’s Board of Trustees.
ELEVENTH ANNUAL JOY OF ART – January 15 to February 23, 2019
Registration is now open for Joy of Art 2019!
- You can register online: Joy of Art 2019 Online Registration Form
- You can print out a registration form and return the completed form to the library: Joy of Art 2019-Registration-FINAL
Printable guidelines with rules of entry and key dates for Joy of Art 2019 can be found here: Joy of Art 2019-Guidelines-FINAL
All are welcome at the Artists’ Reception on Saturday, January 19, 2019 from 1-3pm where award winners in a range of media will be announced. Join us for refreshments, community, conversation, and of course, inspiring artwork! You can vote then for the Peoples’ Choice Award or at any time before February 20 at noon.
Don’t miss the Artist Talk on Saturday, February 23, 2019, at 11:00am when you will hear from each of the winning artists and find out who the People’s Choice winner is. You can vote for your favorite artwork until noon on February 20.
Library Lover’s Lottery: Become a member of the Friends of the Topsham Public Library by Saturday, February 23, 2019 at the Artist Talk and you will be entered into our lottery for a chance to win a very special piece of art! Already a member? Then you are automatically entered into the drawing. You do not need to be present to win.
Congratulations to the 2018 Joy of Art Winners!
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE: Antje Kay Sutton for “Headdress” (Mixed Media)
- OIL/ACRYLIC: Ann Slocum for “Untitled #2”
- PASTEL: Amy Puleo for “Boothbay Trail”
- WATERCOLOR: Robert Kahler for “Moonlight, Ice Out, Androscoggin”
- MIXED/OTHER MEDIA: Natasha Kempers-Cullen for “Red Doors”
- 3-DIMENSIONAL: Howard Soloman for “Sweetie”
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE: Emily Hollister for “Focus” (Colored Pencil)
- OIL/ACRYLIC – Kevin Mizner for “Joan”
- MIXED/OTHER MEDIA: Barbara Snapp for “Market Street, Kinsale”
- 3-DIMENSIONAL: Howard Soloman for “Studley”
Artists, here’s what you need to know…
You may enter up to two pieces. The entry fee of $15 per submission is due when the work is delivered.
Oil/Acrylic, Pastel, Watercolor, Mixed Media/Other Media, and 3-Dimensional
Rules of Entry:
- Only year-round residents of Maine, please. Must be 16 years or older.
- No photographs for this exhibit (please see Joy of the Lens page).
- 2-Dimensional artwork:
- Outside measure of frame no larger than 36”x36”.
- No glass on work over 20″x26″. (Plexiglas is acceptable).
- Exhibits must be framed & wired for hanging.
- NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS OR CENTER HOOKS.
- 3-Dimensional artwork:
- Must be freestanding
- No larger than 14″ in diameter and 21″ high
- No heavier than 15 pounds.
- The following information must be attached to the rear of work:
- name, address, phone, title, sale price or “NFS”, medium and category.
For more information, please see Joy of Art 2019-Guidelines-FINAL.
For a copy of the required Gallery Waiver, click here: Gallery Policy and Waiver 2015