The annual Joy of Art juried exhibit, inaugurated in 2008, features both two-dimensional and three-dimensional work by year-round Maine artists, both amateur and professional. The entry categories are: Oil/Acrylic, Pastel, Watercolor, Mixed/Other Media, and 3-Dimensional. This signature event is co-sponsored by the Trustees and the Friends of the Topsham Public Library.
TENTH ANNUAL JOY OF ART – January 23 to February 24, 2018
Award winners in a range of media were announced at the Artists’ Reception on Saturday, January 27, 2018. Guests enjoyed refreshments, community, conversation, and of course, inspiring artwork!
At the Artists Talk on Saturday, February 24, 2018, we heard from the award-winning artists, including the winner of the People’s Choice Award. We also drew the name of the lucky member of the Friends who won Consuelo G. Bailey’s “Black-capped Chickadee,” the Library Lovers’ Lottery prize.
Guidelines and registration for Joy of Art 2019 will be available early in November 2018. In the meantime, here are the guidelines for the 2018 exhibit: Joy of Art 2018-Guidelines-FINAL (REV #3)Award
Congratulations to the 2018 Joy of Art Winners!
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE: Antje Kay Sutton for “Headdress” (Mixed Media)
- OIL/ACRYLIC: Ann Slocum for “Untitled #2”
- PASTEL: Amy Puleo for “Boothbay Trail”
- WATERCOLOR: Robert Kahler for “Moonlight, Ice Out, Androscoggin”
- MIXED/OTHER MEDIA: Natasha Kempers-Cullen for “Red Doors”
- 3-DIMENSIONAL: Howard Soloman for “Sweetie”
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE: Emily Hollister for “Focus” (Colored Pencil)
- OIL/ACRYLIC – Kevin Mizner for “Joan”
- MIXED/OTHER MEDIA: Barbara Snapp for “Market Street, Kinsale”
- 3-DIMENSIONAL: Howard Soloman for “Studley”