The annual Joy of Art juried exhibit, inaugurated in 2008, features both two-dimensional and three-dimensional work by Maine artists. It is co-sponsored by the Friends of the Topsham Public Library and the Library’s Board of Trustees.
TENTH ANNUAL JOY OF ART – January 23 to February 24, 2018
Registration is now closed for Joy of Art 2018.
Award winners in a range of media were announced at the Artists’ Reception on Saturday, January 27, 2018. Guests enjoyed refreshments, community, conversation, and of course, inspiring artwork! Voting began for the Peoples’ Choice Award and remains open until noon on February 21.
Don’t miss the Artist Talk when you will hear from each of the winning artists and find out who the People’s Choice winner is: Saturday, February 24, 2018, at 11:00am. You can vote for your favorite artwork until noon on February 21st.
Library Lover’s Lottery: Become a member by Saturday, February 24, 2018 at the Artist Talk and you will be entered into our lottery for a chance to win a very special piece of art! Already a member? Then you are automatically entered into the drawing. You do not need to be present to win.
Congratulations to our 2018 Joy of Art Winners!
- ???? for ??? – PEOPLE’S CHOICE – to be announced February 24th!
- Ann Slocum for “Untitled #2” – OIL/ACRYLIC
- Amy Puleo for “Boothbay Trail” – PASTEL
- Robert Kahler for “Moonlight, Ice Out, Androscoggin” – WATERCOLOR
- Natasha Kempers-Cullen for “Red Doors” – MIXED/OTHER MEDIA
- Howard Soloman for “Sweetie” – 3-DIMENSIONAL
- Kevin Mizner for “Joan” – OIL/ACRYLIC
- Barbara Snapp for “Market Street, Kinsale” – MIXED/OTHER MEDIA
- Howard Soloman for “Studley” – 3-DIMENSIONAL